teresasearsnoel

T's Stuff too

The Ashes (The Rebecca Underhill Trilogy Book 2) by Vincent Zandri

The Ashes (The Rebecca Underhill Trilogy) (Volume 2) - Vincent Zandri

This is the 2nd book in the Rebecca Underhill trilogy. I did not read the 1st book but will be soon. Even though I had not read the 1st book I had no real problems following this this book as it can be read as a stand alone. Mr Zandri does give you enough of a back story to let you easily follow along. I think if you had read the 1st book the amount of backstory would just give you enough of a refresher but not to much to bore you.

I love horror so this book was right up my alley. There were some blood and gore but not very much so it would be great for someone not into that as well. This is more of a creepy physiological book. It is a real page turner. It kept me on the edge of my seat and in a few places had me looking over my own shoulder. You don't want to read this book in the dark and some may not want to read it while alone either.

This book takes place 8 years after Rebecca's harrowing ordeal in a wooded cabin. Rebecca narrowly escaped a deranged killer then, but now has bigger problems as "The Skinner" is after her.

Rebecca's original boogeyman Joseph William Whalen who is dead, had a cell mate while in prison. Lawrence Frederick Hanover AKA The Skinner. The skinner has escaped prison and is now after Rebecca, but instead of going straight for her he has decided to get her where it really hurts, Her Kids.

Rebecca may be weak in some aspects but when it comes to the dark she is strong. She must save her kids as well as herself.