teresasearsnoel

T's Stuff too

Quackery by Lydia Kang; Nate Pedersen

Quackery: A Brief History of the Worst Ways to Cure Everything - Lydia Kang, Nate Pedersen

After reading his book it is a wonder any of our ancestors lived making way for us to be here.  There are strange but true accounts all through this book of the medicines of the "day" so to speak, and the repercussions of using them.  There are a few historical names in the book and their stories. Like Abe Lincoln and his bout with taking mercury for headaches.  The book goes into to detail of how the medications were mixed, what they supposedly cured, and what they actually would do to the human body over time and more.  There are some great pictures and drawings in the book as well.  You do not have to be  Doctor to read and enjoy this book.  it is written is easy to understand word instead of scientific jargon. And there is a good bit of humor as well.

I received this book from the Author or Publisher via Netgalley.com to read and review.