teresasearsnoel

T's Stuff too

Down by the Feed Mill by David Hanks

Down by the Feed Mill: The Past and Present of America's Feed Mills and Grain Elevators - David Hanks

I have a thing for old barns and feed mills.. They are just beautiful to me. I love when my husband and I take trips and we see them in passing, I always try to snap pictures of them. This book is just filled with over 240 pictures of feed mills. The pictures are of the outsides and some David Hanks was able to go inside of and take pictures. There are also some historical pictures of some of the feed mills during their early years and a comparison against the pictures he took for the book. I also loved that not only were their pictures but there was also explanations of the feed mill industry and machinery. I also love how most of the pictures are in black and white. It really just adds to the beauty and the historical significance.  I was given a e-copy of this book but will be buying the hard copy as well.

I received this book from the Author or Publisher via Netgalley.com to read and review.