teresasearsnoel

T's Stuff too

The Forest Sleeps by Calee M. Lee

The Forest Sleeps - Calee M. Lee, Erin Kenna

I am very fortunate to have a very close family. Between my husband and I we have 4 grown children and they have blessed us with 11 Grand children, 6 of which are under 6. The kids spend a lot of time here with us. We love to snuggle in a chair and read books and when they sleep over they always get bedtime stories..

This book is perfect for those nights. Each set of pages feature a single type of animal. It tells the animals name, where they live and tells them goodnight. The book has just one sentence on each page, so it is a very short book. I like books with an educational aspect to them. I feel like I am not just reading a mindless story to the kids. And usually the kids do remember at least part of the lessons in the book.  The pictures in the book are very engaging with the kids as well. You have Momma or Daddy critter tucking the baby in, so it gives it a sweet and loving aspect as well. What more could you ask for in a book.

I received this book from the Author or Publisher via Netgalley.com to read and review.