teresasearsnoel

T's Stuff too

Treasure in Paradise (Tj Jensen Paradise Lake Mystery #7) by Kathi Daley

Treasure in Paradise (A Tj Jensen Mystery) (Volume 7) - Kathi Daley

I have read other books by Kathi Daley and other books in this series. I really like Kathi's writing style and love the characters. I really like that these books can be read as stand alones. Like I said I have read other books in the series but when I picked them or this one up I did not really need the full back story to keep up with the book. There are a few references to other books but they are explained so you are not lost. I like how these are mysteries with a touch of romance. There is very little colorful words and no sex in this book and the others of her's I have read. I don't mind sex and cussing but these books just don't need it to make for an interesting read.

In this book Tj takes her family of 2 young sisters, Grand Pa, Doc a family friend, Kyle her best friend, 4 cats and 3 dogs from Arizona to Gull Island on the east coast for the summer to help a family friend who has had a stoke by overseeing renovations to his resort.

As they arrive the first thing they discover is a dead body in the attic. Tj who has a nose for investigating takes it upon herself to figure out who killed the man in the attic. She is also trying to sword off the efforts of a big corporation who is trying to buy the resort and turn it into a mega resort.

I love the feel of Gull Island that Kathi gives. Sounds like a wonderful place to go spend some down time. It is small town at its finest. Every one knows everyone and sounds like it would be a great lace for a stress free vacation, minus the dead body of course. The story moves along nicely it bounces between TJ's investigation and family life. Which lends a sweetness to an otherwise terrible murder mystery.