A Collection of Twisted Tales - Kraig W. Dafoe

This is a book of short stories and poems written in the style of Edgar Allen Poe. The stories and poems are all different with one thing in common. Death. The death in each story is different as well. There is a variety of causes of death. The stories are complete and not rushed. A couple I would love to read a whole book on, but for the most part you got everything you needed in the few pages dedicated to it.

At the first of the book is a poem dedicated to Edgar Allen Poe. I really enjoyed Mr. Dafoe's outlook on him. It really set the book off with a bang so to speak. There are 9 short stories in the book and a chapter of poems.

i enjoyed all the stories but really liked the story named his Royal Disgrace. The story is based on declassified Jack the Ripper files from Scotland Yard. i am not sure how much of the story is actually based on fact but I loved how the detective work was done. It made it seem filled with true facts. in the poetry section there is a poem called Alone. I don't know why I liked ti the most I just did. It is very dark and depressive but it just stood out to me.

If you are a fan of Edgar Allen Poe's work you really should grab a copy of this book.

I received this book as part of my participation in a blog tour with Pump Up Your Book Promotions. The tour is being sponsored by Kraig Dafoe. The gifting of this book did not affect my opinion of it.