Caramels With A Side Of Murder (Daley Buzz Cozy Mystery) (Volume 2) - Meredith Potts

Caramels with a Side of Murder by Meredith Potts is book 2 in the Daley Buzz Mysteries Series. This book pretty much leaves off where book 1 Chocolates with a side of murder leaves off. This time Sabrina is taken by her best friend to visit Miss Terry the town psychic. Miss Terry tells Sabrina her sister will be found, but gives her no more information. The next morning Sabrina heads back to ask Miss Terry more questions. Instead of talking to her she finds Miss Terry dead.

David, Sabrina's cop boyfriend is on the case to solve the murder. Sabrina weasels her way into investigating the murder as well.

I personally do not like Sabrina or David. They interrogate everyone as if they had evidence they were guilty, instead of no evidence at all. I felt so bad for the poor son and sister. The way the 2 went after them was just shameful, but yet they were so easy on the boyfriend. They have no evidence on anyone so everyone is considered guilty until proven innocent.

When Sabrina runs into Melissa from book 1 who she accused of murder. I wanted to slap Sabrina when she got all huffy when Melissa does not accept her apology. She only apologized to try and get info on someone anyway.

I do think David should be taking the lead on the investigation instead of standing back and letting Sabrina do it. If Sabrina wants to be a cop maybe she should go to school and get her badge.

I think if the characters were a bit more likable I would enjoy this series more. The story lines are good. The mystery is really good and leaves you waiting until the very last pages. That I really like. I don't really like knowing within the first few chapters who the murder is.

Lisa Beacom narrates this audiobook. I do prefer her narration over book ones narration with Lainie Pahos. She does very well with the character voices and kept my attention better.

I received this audiobook as part of my participation in a blog tour with Audiobookworm Promotions. The tour is being sponsored by Meredith Potts. The gifting of this audiobook did not affect my opinion of it.