Chocolate With A Side Of Murder (Daley Buzz Cozy Mystery) (Volume 1) - Meredith Potts

I like a good cozy mystery now and then. This one was ok it wasn't great but I will be going back for book 2 before I decide my true feelings on the series. Meredith Potts takes us to the tiny town Treasure Cove CA. We meet Sabrina. She runs the family coffee shop and is dating David a police detective. When the owner of the Chocolate shop next to Sabrina's coffee shop is murdered, Sabrina steps in to help solve the murder.

Sabrina's character could use some improvement. Yes she solves the murder in the end but at the cost of alienating herself from half the town. The way she goes after her suspects and her line of questioning as well as her attitude just made her rude and not very likable to me. The book is very fast paced. The book starts off 10 years earlier when her sister comes up missing and has not been any clues to date. I am assuming this has part to do with her attitude. A lot of the book centers on her feelings towards the disappearance. I do hope in future books that mystery is solved. The book does leave a lot of loose ends on other things brought up during the book. Some of the characters just seemed tossed in with no true spot in the story, so hopefully in later books they will have established rolls. i do read a lot of series and never fully make up my mind abotu a series in book 1. A lot of times book one just basically establishes everyones rolls in later books and that is what I am hoping for.

I did listen to the Audiobook, which is narrated by Lainie Pahos. She done a good job with the story. She let me now when someone was happy, sad, or had other emotions from the tone of her voice. Some of her voices she used grated on my nerves a bit, luckily those people had small parts in the story.

I received this audiobook as part of my participation in a blog tour with Audiobookworm Promotions. The tour is being sponsored by Meredith Potts The gifting of this audiobook did not affect my opinion of it