Saving Grace: (Enchanted Keepsakes) - Aubrey Wynne

Saving Grace by Aubrey Wynne is book one of Enchanted Keepsakes series. It is a very shot book, but has a lot of stuff crammed in on those pages. I don't say this as a bad thing. You actually are getting dual stories. The 2nd part of the story is taken from the history books.

Present day, Divorcee Chloe Hicks is trying to get on with her life and started a horse stable in Shawneetown Illinois. With just her trainer, her mother, and herself they are on the brink of making a profit, when in the middle of the night the barn mysteriously catches fire. After loosing her favorite horse, herself and her trainer almost loosing their life, her abusive ex-husband shows back up. When Chloe refuses to step back into that situation her ex starts spreading rumors. Chloe's Mom thinks she needs to get away for a while. So she heads off to Virginia Beach for some R & R.

Grace Sherwood "The witch of Pungo" Is a true story. It really happened in the 1700's in Colonial Virginia. Grace lived in the small town of Pungo Virginia. In 1706 she was accused and convicted of being a witch. She had a trial and was sentenced to what was called a docking. The person would be cross tied, right thumb to left big toe and left thumb to right big toe. If the person floated they were deemed a witch, if they drowned they were innocent. Grace was able to get a hand free and did not drown. She was tossed under twice and survived. She was then jailed. She was released around 1714, and died in 1740. There are statues of her in Virginia to this day. She was also pardoned in 2006 on the 300th anniversary of her docking by the Virginia State Governor Timothy Kaine.

When Chloe arrives in Virginia Beach, strange things happen. She sees a lady in Colonial clothing, she is covered one night with a blanket, things along those lines. But when her Ex shows up with a gun the true help comes from the Afterlife as Grace helps Chloe escape certain death.

The Audiobook is narrated by Sara K. Sheckells. I felt she done and excellent job with this book. She kept my attention and kept the story line flowing nicely. I enjoyed the voices for the different characters. And the feeling she gave parts of the story was awesome. I will be looking for more books narrated by her.

I received this audiobook as part of my participation in a blog tour with Audiobookworm Promotions. The tour is being sponsored by Aubrey Wynne. The gifting of this audiobook did not affect my opinion of it.