Witch for Hire - N.E. Conneely
I enjoyed this book. Witch for Hire is book 1 in the Witch For Hire series by N. E. Conneely. I was actually quite surprised by all the twists and turns in this book. Michelle Oaks is a consultant to several Sheriff's departments in and around the Atlanta Georgia area. Michelle is also a witch, a Covenless witch at that. In this book the human and the magic world live and work together. Most of the police force is human so they call Michelle in on cases dealing with the magic world. The book features all the great characters from the magic and fantasy world, Witch's of course, trolls, mermaids, Demons, and more. In this book Michelle helps to save several beings from basically a Pound (kind of like a Dog Pound for other critters or beings), she also helps to save a mermaid, and more all the while looking for missing Troll's.

The book is also written in alternating chapters between Michelle's point of view and Elron's. I kind of didn't get why Elron is getting a staring roll just yet but I am sure his roll will become bigger in book 2.

I was very happy with N. E. Conneely's writing style. She did not take several chapters of the book up to introduce us to Michelle. Instead she jumped right in on the main plot and action all the while dropping tidbits here and there to introduce us to Michelle and the other characters along the way. I also liked that there was just enough description of people, places, and things to keep the story moving without bogging me down or boring me. This is a pretty fast moving book, something was always going on, I really liked that. I also like the fact that this books was based in an area I could identify with, I was raised outside of Atlanta and know all the towns mentioned int he story, I could even picture certain buildings in my mind. That really brought this story more to life for me. There is also a dose of humor added.

The narration of the audiobook was pretty good. The voices were great. I did have a bit of a problem with the male voices. They all sounded kind of tinny like on the telephone even when they were standing in front of her.

All in all I enjoyed this book and cannot wait to get started on Book 2.

I was given my copy of this book from Audiobookworm Promotions and the author for review purposes.