The Adventures of Popcorn and Jellybean - Robert Gillespie

Popcorn and Jellybean are friends. One day they decide they are bored and want an adventure. They have never been down the path past the tree. Today they decide is the day to see what is on the other side. They pack everything they think they will need and set off on a 2 day adventure. It turns out they are not as prepared as they think and what started out as a 2 day adventure becomes a 5 day adventure.

Along the way they are presented with different challenges and obstacles. The 2 and eventually 3 of them must use their problem solving skills together to overcome everything thrown in their path to get back home.

This was really a fun book to read to the kids. We took it 1 chapter at a time each night. Some of the pages were pretty long for the little ones when there were no pictures for them to look at. The book is 48 pages long and it is a large sized book.  The illustrations in the book were kind of simple but very colorful and the the kids loved them.

This was a really good book to add to my kids home library. I do think the kids would need to be around 8 or so to get through the book reading on their own. I really loved that the book shows how important it is to use problem solving skills and also some of the survival tips offered.

I was given my copy of this book from the Author and IRead Book Tours for review purposes. The thoughts are my own.