teresasearsnoel

T's Stuff too

Hendrix The Illustrated Story by Gillian G. Gaar

Hendrix: The lllustrated Story - Gillian G. Gaar

Even if you have never listened to Rock and Roll you know who Jimi Hendrix is and have heard at least some of his music. Jimi Hendrix was one of the greats. More so after his death September 18, 1970, then before. His music is still played all over the world to this day, 47 years after his death. Jimi is a self taught guitar player who many musicians after years of training will never accomplish what he did.

This amazing book takes you on a tour through Jimi's early life to his death. The pictures and there are a lot of them are amazing. There is a discography towards the end of the book showing all of his albums which are still being released to this day.

The story of Jimi's life was very well written. There are some little known facts as well as things everyone knows. I was very happy to have been given a copy of this book from Netgalley. I really enjoyed this book.