Fireworks in Paradise (A Tj Jensen Mystery) (Volume 8) - Kathi Daley

Kathi Daley has done it again with book 8 in her Tj Jensen Mystery series. I love that these books can be read as stand alones. I have read most of the series and have enjoyed every book.

Fireworks in Paradise is the 8th book in the series. Tj is still in Gull Island South Caroline when she receives a call her beloved Father has been in a terrible accident and may not make it, and family Friend Judge Harper was killed. She rushes back home to stand vigil over her Father.  Once home she finds out the accident was not an accident when they discover the brake lines to the car has been cut. Tj of course dives right into the investigation even though the new police officer does not want her help.

I love that the romance of Tj and long time friend Kyle is actually moving forward. Every book needs a bit of romance. The book does not center of the romance but I love the sweetness of it. Tj and Kyle have been awesome in the last few books as friends now I can see them going far as lovers as well.