teresasearsnoel

T's Stuff too

Spirits of the Cage: True Accounts of Living in a Haunted Medieval Prison by Richard Estep & Vanessa Mitchell

Spirits of the Cage: True Accounts of Living in a Haunted Medieval Prison - Richard Estep, Vanessa Mitchell

Wow what a book. This is a true account of one of England's most haunted homes. In the 16th century it was used as a prison for people accused of witchcraft. Some of the people have never left. Among some of the spirits there is the Jailer, at least one woman accused of witchcraft, a child, a previous owner who committed suicide in the house and more.

Vanessa Mitchell is the owner. After 3 years of living in terror in the house finally had to move out. She tried renting the place out but her tenets never lasted long. Now she allows the curious to tour the home and allows Paranormal Investigators in to do investigations. Paranormal Researcher and author of this book Richard Estep was one of those who investigated int he house. The book is about his week there and also he tells Vanessa's story as well as a few others eyewitness accounts.

The book is awesome. It has those terrifying moments that make you turn another light on while reading. He lays out how their investigation goes from day one. I would personally love to go to England and visit this house. I wouldn't want to be on a lock down there but a visit would be amazing.

I received this book from the Author or Publisher via Netgalley.com to read and review.