teresasearsnoel

T's Stuff too

Brooklyn's Sweet Ruin by Paul Raphaelson

Brooklyn's Sweet Ruin  - Paul Raphaelson

This is actually a very sad book. It is a photography book with no words but sad all the same. There actually are some words at the end of the book where the photographer Paul Raphaelson tells his story of the Domino Plant, how he researched the plant. The book is pictures from the Domino Sugar Refinery in Brooklyn. It was once the world's largest refinery. Now it sets silently decaying and wasting away. The pictures in this book are so clear and give you a real picture of what was once very important part to not only Brooklyn but to the world. I was surprised that in the pictures there was no graffiti. There is an index of the pictures towards the back of the book explaining what you are seeing.

I received this book from the Author or Publisher via Netgalley.com to read and review.