teresasearsnoel

T's Stuff too

The Day Job is Murder (McKinley Mysteries) by Carolyn Arnold

The Day Job is Murder - Carolyn Arnold, Lisa Dawn Martinez

This is a very short book. Only takes a couple of hours to read. It is kind of a love at first site story mixed with a rags to riches story. Being such a short story it does feel a bit rushed. Even though there is a murder it is a sweet story.

Sarah and Sean are cops and partners. They are in love with each other but Sarah is afraid to act on it. She is afraid if they were to break up it would ruin everything including their jobs. While investigating a murder Sarah who always reads the obits runs across a friend of Sean's in the newspaper. Sean goes to the funeral and learns he will be inheriting something.