teresasearsnoel

T's Stuff too

The Blood Detective (Nigel Barnes #1) by Dan Waddell

The Blood Detective (Nigel Barnes) by Dan Waddell (2008-06-10) - Dan Waddell

I have been working on Genealogy for about 15 years now and really thought this story would be right down my ally when I saw it. I was really not disappointed. There are some far fetched things throughout the book that maybe a person not knowing about genealogy would over look but caught my attention. Like the shaving cream to do a headstone rubbing, this is a huge NO NO!! I did shake my head and kept reading though. I did really enjoy how the detectives took the code carved into the victims chest and came to the conclusion that it was record number. Very clever.

I also liked Dan Waddell's writing style, there was not an over abundance of of useless information or description. The story started a bit slow for me but kicked into gear soon enough. I did enjoy reading this book and look forward to his next.