teresasearsnoel

T's Stuff too

How to Make a Wish by Ashley Herring Blake

How to Make a Wish - Ashley Herring Blake

This was actually my first F/F YA book. It is not something I have seen a lot of. I did enjoy how Ashley Herring Blake wrote the book as what I call gently. it was a sweet love story combined with a terrible relationship with Grace's Mother, which was heartbreaking.

The book flowed along very nicely. I like the sweetness of new love whether it is M/F, F/F, or M/M. I really liked how the love blossomed slowly instead of full blown all at once. I liked the friendship as well. It was really great that Grace had a has a support system with her friends since her mother is horrible.

You also get some controversial things in the book. I personally have no problems with them but some people may. Grace is bisexual and the romance is biracial. Parts of this book actually would be very good for a teenage girl struggling wit her sexuality. Even heterosexual's could learn more and understand better how their bisexual and gay friends feel and think.