teresasearsnoel

T's Stuff too

Discovering Princeton: A Photographic Guide with Five Walking Tours by Wiebke Martens, Jennifer Jang

Discovering Princeton: A Photographic Guide with Five Walking Tours - Wiebke Martens, Jennifer Jang

Princeton is more then just a school and town.  Wiebke Martens has shown us the beauty of the place with this fascinating book.  There are 5 walking tours in the book with a map leading you through, Each spot has a picture in the book as well so you know what you are looking for, then it gives a brief history of that particular spot.

At the first of the book it gives you a history of Princeton that is very interesting. Then you go through the pages of the walking tours. Then there is a section on attractions in and near Princeton. This is a great book for the student, resident, and the tourist to the area.  One Picture shows the bridge from Pennsylvania to New Jersey at the Parks of Washington's Crossing. I have actually been across that bridge a few years ago while visiting my Brother In Law in Philly..

The photographs in this book are awesome. They were taken at different times during the year some you see fall leaves, some have snow, and so on.  The book really makes you want to go see the areas in person.  I really learned a lot from this book.  I had it in my mind Princeton was just a college town with a bunch of buildings. The buildings themselves are works of  art too.

I received this book from the Author or Publisher via Netgalley.com to read and review.