teresasearsnoel

T's Stuff too

A Mother's Love by Charlotte Hubbard

A Mother's Love - Charlotte Hubbard

Another fabulous read from Charlotte Hubbard. This story takes off immediately and doesn't slow down even on the last page. I couldn't put it down once I picked it up. This book is great for anyone there are no curse words and no sex. It does have some religion to it, but the sayings are straight from the bible, it does not try to push religion on you though.

My favorite genre of books is paranormal the more ghosts the better. But anytime I see anything from Charlotte I happily lay the ghosts to rest to read one of her books. Charlotte really takes you by the heart with her writing. She knows how to grab you on page one and make you wish the book never ends. Her endings never feel rushed, her story line never goes off cue, and she does not drown you in useless information or description. I have read several of her books and have not found one yet I didn't fall in love with.

In this book we meet Rose Raber. She has suffered loss more then anyone should have to int he past year. Her father and husband were both killed in a saw mill fire and her mother's cancer has come back, and she slips away as well. Left alone with her 5 year old daughter Grace, Rose must decide how to provide for her and her child. Her pastor tells her not to worry their Amish group will make sure she does not do without but Rose will not be a charity case.

Grace is 5 and way to smart for her age. She also never meets a stranger and can have even the hardest of men wrapped around her finger in an instant.

Matthias Wagler is a newcomer to town he runs is own Leather and harness. He has lost his wife and unborn baby recently. He runs smack into Rose and Grace at the store almost trampling them both. Grace instantly takes to him.

On the night before her mother's death the last lucid thing she tells Rose is to get stationary box from her bottom drawer. She did not give reasons before she slipped into a coma, just told her not to find her, which leaves Rose confused. After her mother passes she retrieves the box and is stunned by the letters inside from her birth mother. Rose never knew she was adopted. Rose cannot put this out of her mind, even though her mother's have both stated not to try and find her. She talks to her pastor who tells her not to try and her new friend Matthias.

Grace has put out cards in all the shops in the area looking for work. One day she gets a call from a Senior Service Center looking for a cook. This is a blessing for Rose and Grace. It puts her int he same town with Mathias and unbeknownst to Rose her birth mother Anne. Even though she is bit reluctant to fall for Mathias Grace is thrilled to find out he is here. Rose runs across Anne by accident at the Senior Center when she brings lap blankets in to donate to the residents. They know immediately who each other are even after 30 years.

Now comes the trouble how can Anne and Rose have a relationship and keep it from Saul, Anne's husband?