teresasearsnoel

T's Stuff too

The Fairytale Chicago of Francesca Finnegan by: Steve Wiley

The Fairytale Chicago of Francesca Finnegan - Steve Wiley, McDonald Jen, Chris Cihon

This book to me was almost like an adult version of Alice in Wonderland. Instead of a White Rabbit there was Francesca Finnegan. One night when Rich was young he ran into Francesca and she take him on a ride on the Secret L Train. Now Rich is an adult, to me a pretty messed up adult. He has to remember the night with Francesca to save himself.

The book bounces a bit. There are some silly to crazy stories mixed in with Rich's life story. At first I thought I was not going to get into the book but I pressed on and am now glad I did. This is a book unlike any I have ever read other then Alice in Wonderland. But unlike it, this is not for kids. The writing was well done and very imaginative. There is quite a bit of language in the book. I do think it was a fun book though.