teresasearsnoel

T's Stuff too

A Ghostly Mortality (Ghostly Southern Mysteries #6) by Tonya Kappes

A Ghostly Mortality: A Ghostly Southern Mystery (Ghostly Southern Mysteries) - Tonya Kappes

This is the 6th book in the Ghostly Southern Mystery series. I have sadly had not heard of this series before I saw it on a Book Tour site. I read the blurb and knew I had to read it. I am very glad I did, and I cannot wait to obtain the first 5 books in the series and hopefully this series will continue.

All in all it was a great story even if some of the part are little out there. Ghost stories are my favorite.
I love books with ghosts and this book filled the bill.

Emma Lee Raines is the proprietor of the Eternal Slumber Funeral Home in Kentucky. This was a family business. Her sister Charlotte and her were partners until Charlotte left for greener pastures and larger funeral business in Lexington. Emma is trying to get Charlotte to sign her half of the funeral home to her, but Charlotte keeps putting her off.

Emma also has the sight. She sees dead people, after being hit over the head by a plastic Santa in a previous book. She is helping the "Betweeners" solve their murders so they can cross over. One day Charlotte's ghost appears to Emma. Now it is up to Emma to solve her murder so she can rest in peace.

The ending of this book was a bit far fetched, but it is a book. Anything can be normal just lie on TV.