teresasearsnoel

T's Stuff too

Kill and Run (A Thorny Rose Mystery Book 1)

Kill and Run (A Thorny Rose Mystery Book 1) - Lauren Carr I usually like mystery books and don't usually read military books, and I am on the fence when it comes to romance. This book has all 3 and well I am actually glad I read it. It was a very good book. It drug me in and kept me involved. It was paced very well, it was quick but not to quick to loose you and it was not slow and boring at all.
There were twists and turns that had me feeling like a detective in spots. When I thought I had things figured out a new twist would jump up and I had to stat all over. I like the down to earth way Lauren Carr makes her characters. She gives them full personalities that are well thought out and in depth. They do not seem like a character but like she took them after a real person. I love how the story does not get stagnant it is constantly moving, and she does not go over board on the romance either.
I have read one other of Lauren Carr's books and sh carried some of the characters into this book, so it was like running into old friends. I do like how she left those character's as they were in her other series, instead of changing them. I will personally be looking forward to the next book in this series.
I was given a copy of this book in exchange for my honest and unbiased review.