teresasearsnoel

T's Stuff too

Going Against the Grain - Italian Style!: A Gluten-Free Life Guide and Recipe Book for Staying Healthy and Eating Amazingly! - Nuccia Ardagna, Peter H.R. Green, Fabrizio Rinaldi, Michael Bensoussan Wow anyone who thinks they may have a problem with Gluten needs to grab this book, and if not grab this book for the recipes. I personally pretty much ruled out celiac disease, as my stomach problems from this book, it is a wealth of information. I have heard about celiac disease and Gluten sensitivity, but never had a good understanding of it. I have a really good understanding now. I really loved how she explained it all in laymans terms instead of medical mumbo jumbo I cannot understand.
I never knew you had to be so strict when on a Gluten free diet, but Nuccia really lays it all on the line for you. I would of never thought to toss the toaster out or re-season my cast iron cookware.
I continued to read this book until I go tot part 2. Then I started DROOLING!! The pictures are TORTURE!! Oh my everything looks so yummy. I have tried a few of the recipes so far, and well they are AMAZING. Even though I do not have to be gluten free, I did not miss anything i the recipes I tried. The Funghi Ripieni (stuffed mushrooms) are to die for and so easy to make. The Risotto ai funghi Misti (Risotto with Mixed Mushrooms) is delicious. Can you tell I love mushrooms? Let's not forget desert, Panna Cotta ai Mirtilli (Gelatin-Free Panna Cotta with Blueberries) is just amazing.