teresasearsnoel

T's Stuff too

Tears of the Silenced

Tears of the Silenced - Misty Griffin I have a lot of mixed feelings about this book. It is a very tragic story and one we are actually hearing about more and more. Child abuse of any form is a terrible thing, but so many times there is nothing done until it is to late. I am so glad Misty was finally able to get out of her situation and to be able to live her dreams. I am glad with all that she dealt with sshe was able to have a dream at that.

At times the book became way to repetive to me. I have a feeling the reason every man she seemed to run into was a child molester, is because I personally just think that the non abusers just really didn't fit into the story line so she left them all out. I do belive that there are a lot of abusers in the Amish communitites just like in every community, and in the book we only read about the few she came in contact with. The story would of rang more true to me if she had of added a few more of the people with a kindness to them. The Amish do have a set of rules most of us non Amish do not understand and yes they do take care of business so to speak in their own way. They are also a private community so we never hear much about their ways. If they truely just put the bad on a bann and leave them in their home with their victims they need to change their ways. Yes forgiveness is important but punishment is also important.

This is a very long and heart wrinching book. It really does make you think as well. I am glad I read it it and all of it's horrible details. I do think that will all she went through instead of doing over seas missionary work that maybe she should of stated something to help with child abuse in this country as well.