teresasearsnoel

T's Stuff too

Viking For Hire

Viking For Hire - Jo Grafford Viking for Hire is a short story (60 pages). It is in the historical Romance genre. I personally think Jo Gafford done a great job in writing the story. Every page kept you interest in it. Some short stories feel like they had a set amount of pages and couldn't go over by even one word, rushed I guess you would call it, This story was not like that at all, it was well thought out and planned.
The story is about Branwyn O’Tyre, she is a practicing witch whose estranged half brother The bishop of Exeter has come to arrest, under the ruse of wanting her to do a healing ritual for him. Branwyn drinks a protection potion before he comes, which Eirik sees her do. Branwyn then hires Eirik to give her safe passage away from her brother's clutches. Eirik has a need for her witchcraft and agrees.
Eirik is cursed. Most men would probably like his curse, every woman who sees him falls madly in love with him. Eirik is a gentleman though and does no.t take advantage o f women under the spell.
It is up to Branwyn to break this curse, and she must do it before she looses herself to the curse.
I was given a copy of The Viking For Hire in exchange for my honest review.